POSITION: PLAY FACILITATOR
POSITION SUMMARY: The Children’s Museum of Oswego (CMOO) is seeking motivated individuals to serve as Play Facilitators. A Play Facilitator is responsible for carrying out CMOO’s mission by facilitating play-based experiences, providing information to guests; and maintaining the museum environment. This includes responding to visitor inquiries, communicating policies and procedures, and promoting a museum environment that is welcoming, participatory, and safe. CMOO is dedicated to providing hands-on exhibits and experiential learning opportunities that spark imagination, foster curiosity and promote self-confidence for children ages 0-12.
- Facilitate and initiate interactions with children and adults to deepen their learning experiences during exhibit play and through the facilitation of programs.
- Orient guests to the museum, answer questions, and provide up-to-date information on museum programming, events and activities. Use problem-solving skills to assist visitors during incidents.
- Greet and interact positively with guests and field trip groups.
- Support programming and special events
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of CMOO’s mission, philosophy, policies and procedures. Remind guests of museum policies when needed.
- Perform daily opening and closing duties throughout the museum, including routine cleaning and preparation of programming materials.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- Cultivate and mentor volunteers
- High school diploma or equivalent, required bachelor’s degree or coursework in Child Development, Early Learning, Education preferred
- Experience working with children in recreational settings, after-school
programs, or classrooms desired.
- Experience working with diverse audiences.
- Reading, writing and communication skills sufficient to communicate with guests and other museum staff.
- Able to respond to emergency situations in a calm and comforting manner.
- Experience that demonstrates self-motivation, initiative, energy, creativity, and punctuality.
- Enjoy working and playing with children.
- Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills, emotional intelligence, problem solving, and working in a collaborative team
- Maintain a playful spirit and positive attitude.
- Interest in creativity and experiential learning
- Enjoy working with people of diverse backgrounds.
Part-time and full-time positions available. Flexibility in schedule, must be available weekends, hours may vary. Position to begin May 2019.
Interested applicants: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Play Facilitator” in the subject line by April 19, 2019. No phone calls please.