CMOO‘s POP! Program seeks to empower children to make healthy food choices by giving children a chance to PLAY with their food, CREATE art with food, ENGAGE in conversation with local farmers and TRY
healthy, locally grown produce.
What does the program address?
Oswego County has the highest overweight or obesity rate (38% for elementary, middle, and high school students combined), among all counties in the state (Source: Oswego County Community Health Assessment 2014).
Goals of the POP Program
- Provide new experiences centered on healthy eating/lifestyles
- Introduce children and families to new foods through use of 5 senses
- Develop creativity and self-confidence
- Encourage conversation about nutrition and growing food
- Make healthy eating fun!
- Each week, a new hands-on activity is presented
- Children ages 2-12 earn POP tokens to spend on fresh fruits and vegetables at the Oswego farmer’s market. Oswego County Federal Credit Union is a proud sponsor of our POP tokens!